Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tears for...YOU

Today, I shed not one, not two, but buckets filled with tears... for you.
I shed tears for you, the infants who've been plucked like rotten fruit;
I shed tears for you, the toddlers who are denied the warmth of their mothers' arms and the softness of their bosoms.

I shed tears for you, immigrant children, innocent children, pawn-transfigured children;
I shed tears for you, immigrant families who are bleeding with pain and starving for hope.

I shed tears!

I shed tears for you, America--the great!
I shed tears for you, America--the land of the free and the home of the brave;
I shed tears for you, America--the land of opportunity;
I shed tears for you, America--whose heart is now cemented in the grime of prejudice and hate.

I am still ...
shedding
tears!



No comments:

Post a Comment