Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

A lonely place to be

Recently I have been confronted with a discussion that keeps ringing in my ears. It's a discussion that has left me wondering about life and what matters most. Let me ask you a question: Have you ever felt lonely in a big city? How about feeling lonely in a crowd? Or lonely at home? You get the idea!

Well, what do you do to shed the weight of loneliness? Do you join a club, a gym,  do you go shopping, or do you message one of your 700 friends on Facebook or any other social media?



I don't have the answer. But I can guarantee that being in a lonely place is not the best place to be--not  mentally nor emotionally.

Being in a lonely place gives room for untamed imaginations,
Being in a lonely place creates a pit for depression,
Being in a lonely place makes you question your self-worth,
Being in a lonely place causes you to lose sight of who you are,
Being in a lonely place forces you to miss opportunities,
Being in a lonely place shackles you with fear.

I believe that lonely places can be made alive with focused effort,
I didn't say it will be easy, but with precise and deliberate attention these places can be changed.
It may mean that you spend less time by yourself,
Or that you engage in events that are meaningful to you..
Maybe a charity or a humane society activity.

Whatever you choose, make sure that it is what you really want to do.

I can encourage you to seek comfort and direction from the Almighty Creator.
You see, God promises that He will be your comforter,
He is a friend that is closer than a brother.
Yes, He can and He will light up your dark places,
He can and He will give you hope.
He can and He will take you from a lonely place to the place designed for you....
in the cradle of  His arms.
He knows that a lonely place is not the place to be.


1 comment:

  1. Thursday, November 21, 2013
    Hi Loie,
    Your writing is very interesting. It presents the problem and some solutions. The solutions interest me considerably because I believe that loneliness can be overcome.

    For my writing, I have created a website, http://www.lonely-people-champion.com/inalonelyplace.html and a Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/LonelyPeopleChampion

    Could you take a look at what I have written and tell me what you think via my Facebook page? I am looking forward to seeing you there.

    All the best.

    Ramesh

    ReplyDelete