Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What's holding you back?

A few years ago I was plagued with a virus that I just could not get rid of. I prayed that it would go away; I even pretended that it never existed. Why didn't I go to the doctor? Well, I don't believe there is a medical cure for that
virus.



You see FEAR was my self-inflicted virus--fear of driving! I don't even remember when I got sick.

It was a cancerous bug that ate at my very core: It seemed to attack me at the times when I had important tasks to undertake, when I had to take one of my children to the doctor on the other side of town--I was afraid to get on the highway. I remember once when I had to go for training for one of my first jobs in Georgia, my virus woke up, talked
to me--and get this--convinced me that the site was too far, too much traffic and 'you don't even know the area.'

Suffice it to say that I got out of it. Well, a way of escape was provided. I got another call for a job that proved to be the better option.

You see, fear kept me from major events in downtown Atlanta. But my situation was not hopeless. Slowly but surely with real prayer and some determination I am happy to report that I am healing.

Now I would not call myself a road hog, but I am close to a road pig.

So what is holding you back? Is it fear of failing? Fear of succeeding? Fear of being the odd ball?

Are you tired and frustrated with yourself? Are you missing out of life's activities? There is hope.

Come on, don't give up!
Trust me, you can do it. Take one step at a time. The key is to make up your mind and focus on your goal.

Together we can let go of what's holding us back.

No comments:

Post a Comment